The Aeroport Calvi – Sainte Catherine (CLY / LFKC) on the island of Corsica is beautifully embedded in a valley to the south-east of the town of Calvi. This is the first part of our Corsican Airports series created for FSX and P3D.
The airport itself has been faithfully recreated with high resolution aerial images, numerous custom 3D objects and exact ground markings, including the old painted-over markings. It also includes seasonal ground textures and three-dimensional lighting of the area and AESLite.
The developers have also paid great attention to the surrounding area of the airport, the nearby business park and the citadel of Calvi.
Landing approaches are particular fun in Calvi: While Sainte Catherine is usually approached from the seaside; pilots can fly past the airport to the west, then turn by 180 degrees and approach the runway from the south – just as was the case with the former Kai Tak Airport.
- Realistic rendition of Calvi St. Catherine based on real life images
- Photo real buildings
- Aerial image with 50 cm/pixel in the surroundings and 25 cm/pixel on the airport, carefully finished and color-adjusted
- Compatible with FTX Global and Corse Photo
- Customized landclass
- Customized mesh with removal of disturbing height levels
- Automatically adjusting ground textures depending on season without season-switch-program
- Realistic reproduction of ground markings including old, painted-over markings
- Rendered night textures
- Custom vegetation and 3D grass
- Semi-transparent, reflecting windows for terminal building and tower
- Reflecting windows for buildings in the apron area
- Detailed recreation of the fuelling station
- 3D PAPI, apron, taxiway and runway lighting
- Very good performance and implementation
- Recreation of the parking space and nearby business area with various car rentals
- Numerous details
- Static vehicles and aircraft including wreckage to the south west
- Recreation of the citadel of Calvi
- AESLite for FSX (not compatible with the Steam: Edition and P3D)
- Custom AFCAD
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X with SP1 and SP2 or Acceleration Pack, Gold Edition or Microsoft Flight Simulator X Steam: Editior or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v3
- Windows XP (SP2) / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10
- 3.0 GHz Processor (Intel Core2 Duo recommended)
- 4 GB RAM
- 3D graphics card with minimal 512 MB (1024 MB recommended)
- Download size: 3.2 GB
- Installation size: 4 GB