Aspen-Pitkin county / Sardy Field in Colorado is listed as one of America’s most dangerous airports.
Due to its surrounding terrain structures in the north, east and south, Aspen Airport only has one possible starting direction. Because of this dangerous environment the airport must not operate at night. As if that wasn’t enough the unpredictable weather of the Colorado mountains means you might experience short term changes to your flight plans as well.
This add-on contains the airport of Aspen with an extended runway, new taxiways, a fire station, a terminal, and hangars, all with high-resolution textures. You can furthermore explore dozens of custom local landmarks, like Aspen High School, Aspen Chapel, and the Aspen Recreation Center.
- Up-to-date rendering of Aspen Pitkin County Airport (KASE), including extended runway and new taxiways, fire station (with Oshkosh Striker 1500), fixed-base operator, terminal and hangars
- Fully baked high-resolution textures with ambient occlusion shadows and light maps for all airport and town models
- 19,000 square kilometers of high resolution photo scenery (30 cm, LOD17) covering the Aspen Valley with day and night textures
- Tarmac and runway markings with specular effects
- Helipad at Aspen Valley Hospital included (ICAO 6V7)
- Dozens of custom local landmarks, including Aspen High School, Aspen Chapel, Aspen Recreation Centre, Hotel Jerome and Benedict Music Tent
- Custom Aspen-style autogen houses and mansions
- Custom static aircraft and 3D people
- Autogate plug-in animations included
- Custom mesh representing exact runway slope
- Compatible with HD Mesh v4
- Compatible with World Traffic 3
- Requires X-Plane 11.05 or later
- Laminar Research X-Plane 11
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows 7 / 8 / 10 (64 bit) / Linux (64 bit) / macOS 10.10+
- Processor: Dual-Core-CPU with 3,0 GHz (Quad-Core-CPU with 3,5 GHz recommended)
- Main memory: 8 GB RAM (16 GB RAM or more recommended)
- Graphics card: 1 GB VRAM, DirectX 11
- Disk space required: 30 GB
- Added Apron Map to XP Menu
- Added SAM Marshaller
- Added Winter Version incl. Orthophoto
Installation instruction winter: Copy all folders in Aerosoft – KASE Aspen – Airport/Winter_MOD to your main X-Plane 11 directory and replace files if asked. Make sure to backup your summer version before!