The Wasserkuppe is known to pilots as the “cradle of gliding” and is located in the Hessian district of Fulda. The airfield of the same name together with the region is one of the historical hotspots in aviation.
For the Microsoft Flight Simulator, the Wasserkuppe was implemented with the latest technologies to apply the best possible simulation feeling. Most exciting is the difficult approach and landing on the sloped runway on the highest mountain of the Röhn. Of course, important landmarks are also shown. This version includes important POIs, such as the Radome, which dates back to the times of the Cold War and is now a listed building/object.
- Custom buildings covering the airfield and the surrounding area
- Custom orthophoto covering the airport and surrounding
- Seasonal animations for various objects
- Radome and Fliegerdenkmal POI included
- Realistic runway slope profile
- Custom static aircrafts depending on weather and season
- Gliders flying in the vicinity (if weather permits)
- Microsoft Flight Simulator (Version 2020)
- OS: Windows 10 (Nov 2019 Update – 1909)
- DirectX: DirectX 11
- CPU: Intel i5-4460 -or- Ryzen 3 1200 or better
- GPU: NVIDIA GTX 770 -or- Radeon RX 570 or better
- VRAM: 2 GB
- RAM: 8 GB
- HDD: 5 GB
- Small changes in the manual
- Fixed terraforming issues caused by WU6
- Tuned vegetation on final approach of runway 24
Available Only As Download
Like all products in the FlightSim.Com Store, this one is available only as a download. We do not offer anything on CD or other media and nothing will be mailed to you. You can download immediately upon purchase and again at any time by going to the “My Account” section of the store.