Newcastle International Airport is situated in the area of Newcastle upon Tyne, England, about 6 miles north of the city center. Newcastle International was rated the 11th busiest airport in the UK, and the second busiest in Northern England, with Manchester coming first, handling over 4.8 million passengers.
The airport is owned by seven local authorities: City of Newcastle, City of Sunderland, Durham County Council, Gateshead MBC, North Tyneside MBC, Northumberland County Council and South Tyneside MBC. Copenhagen Airport sold the stake in Newcastle to AMP Capital, which is an Australian based investment company.
Newcastle airport was opened on 26th July 1935 and was known back then as Woolsington Aerodrome – the airport was opened by Sir Phillip Cunliffe-Lister, Secretary of State for Air. At this time, the airport consisted of one clubhouse, one hangar, a few workshops, a fuel garage and a single grass runway with a building cost of around £35,000.
- 20 cm/pixel photoscenery
- Custom PBR ground textures
- Animated jetways, marshaller and VDGS (SAM v2 Plugin required)
- Custom static aircraft
- All tower interiors
- HD vegetation
- Custom approach lights
- HDR lighting
- Animated vehicles
- Custom terrain model (car park)
- Wet and snow ground effects
- Custom color and season adjustments (SAM v2 Plugin required)
- ORBX TrueEarth
- ORBX TerraFlora
- SAM Seasons
- Laminar Research X-Plane 11
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 / 8 / 10 (64 bit), Linux (64 bit), macOS 10.10+
- CPU: Dual Core CPU with 3.0 GHz (Quad Core CPU with 3.5 GHz recommended)
- Memory: 8 GB RAM (16 GB RAM recommended)
- Graphics card: 1 GB VRAM, DirectX 11
- Free disk space: 3 GB