The airport Lugano is a small international Swiss airport in the canton Tecino. Its location is between the three towns of Agno, Muzzano and Bioggio. The fascinating part of this airport is surely the breathtaking approach, probably one of the most beautiful approaches in the world.
The most frequent aircraft in Lugano is the Saab 2000 operated by Darwin Airlines offering Code-Share flights with Alitalia to destinations like Rome, Cagliari and Olbia. The most important route though is the flight to Zurich for Swiss International Airlines.
2010 saw the airport handling more than 170,000 passengers taking off from the 1350 m long runway.
- Highly detailed airport scenery of Lugano
- High resolution photo textures for the 3-D models
- Glass reflections of glass surfaces on buildings
- X-Plane 11 ground vehicles with appropriate lanes added
- X-Life compatibility
- Revised taxi routes for better compatibility with X-Live and X-Plane’s own AI traffic
- Revised ramp starts for a correct placement of the aircraft. The ramp starts now support the “Show parking aircraft” feature
- Stratification of roads added for X-Plane road traffic
- Old cars in the parking lots replaced by the better X-Plane-own vehicles
- Some parking vehicles and floodlights are added
- Duplicate X-Plane’s own Navaid objects removed
- Unnecessary files were removed
- Revised objects for 3D grass
- Possibility of switching off the 3D grass for optimum performance
- All airport buildings as they are in real life
- New vegetation details with approx. 20,000 grass polygons
- Night lighting in real time
- Sloped runway
- Manual and charts
- X-Plane 11
- Windows 7 / 8 / 10 (64 bit), Linux or Mac OS X 10.10*
- Processor (CPU): Dual Core i3, i5, i7 with at least 3 GHz (3,5 GHz or higher recommended)
- Memory: at least 8 GB RAM (16-24 GB or higher recommended)
- Graphics: DirectX 11 with min. 2GB VRAM (DirectX 12 with min. 4 GB recommended)
- Download-Size: 45 MB
- For the functions of X-Life the additional X-Life-Plugin by JARDesign is required.