The A320 range of aircraft is one of the most common in the sky. These short to medium-range twin jet airliners have proven to be cost effective, reliable, and readily available, making them the best options for many airlines all around the world. Over 8000 have been built. They are highly integrated and automated aircraft where the pilot is often just monitoring the complex systems.
Not all features will be completely ready at release. For a list of those, please see here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/133133-whats-not-available-whats-wrong/. Connected Flight Deck v2 isn’t part of this version and will be delivered with SP1!
The Aerosoft A318/A319 is the first release of a completely new development where virtually every part of the previous releases is overhauled or redone. What remains is our dedication to the basic idea of the product. We simulate flying the aircraft and the aircraft’s systems are just a tool, not the goal. Using this product will bring flight simulation as close as possible to the experience of a real pilot – from interacting with the MCDU to opening the flight deck door using the correct procedures.
The project is a development for 64-bit platforms and uses the very latest of technology and compilers making it highly future proof and as light as possible on your system. It is not a recompiled 32-bit product.
This product range contains two products available separately or as a bundle:
- Aerosoft A318/A319 Professional (this title)
- Aerosoft A320/A321 Professional
- A320 Family Professional Bundle
- Simulation of the A318 and A319 focused on the day to day operation of the aircraft from the left seat
- The cockpit is equipped as it is with high end airline, with the most up to date instruments
- Sublime modelling/texturing based on the latest technologies. Very easy on frame-rates.
- Lights are partly Dynamic Lights from P3D V4, partly done by RealLight (from TFDi Design)
- Full rain and rain repellent effects using TrueGlass (from TFDi Design)
- Dozens of non-standard animations, all with sound effects (sun screens, windows, tables, tiller, jump seat, standby compass, drooping flight surfaces etc). All main doors and cargo hatches can be opened. Extensive options to show ground objects (cones, ground power etc) and to provide ground power
- Included web server that allows you to access (and use) the MCDU via any web browser; ideal for tablet computers
- Extensive manuals, with highly detailed step-by-step document
- Add-in View system: adds many pre-defined views for easy use, emulates 2D panel views
- Add-in Sound system: adds hundreds of background sounds to enhance the immersion
- Includes our Semi-Intelligent co-pilot that assist you in your flights and runs checklists and flows with you.
- Connected Flight Deck v2 that uses a server-based system making it very easy to join other pilots and to fly as Co-Pilot or Observer (please note this will be rolled out with SP1)
- Fully custom Fly-by-Wire systems with flight envelope protection, stall protection, pitch and roll limiter, g-load limiter, over speed protection, Alpha Floor protection, auto trim.
- Fully custom autopilot systems, with full Cat III auto land, V/S, Managed CLB/DES, OP CLB/DES, heading and NAV modes. VNAV and LNAV included. FPA/TRK included.
- Fully custom thrust computer systems (FADEC), throttle with detents, FLEX take-off
- Very complete MCDU (can be controlled via web browser, for example on tablet computers), also, information can be inserted using the keyboard
- Flight plans supports SIDs, STARs, transitions, approaches, go-arounds, holds, Managed climbs and descent, constraints, and direct-to route editing
- VOR tracking implemented, DME arcs supported
- Comes with NavDataPro (LIDO) navigation database but compatible with Navigraph. Includes current AIRAC Data at the time of release (so not a free outdated version) and this can be updated by the user at any moment.
- Complete FS2Crew Runway Awareness and Advisory System included
- 28 ECAM pages included, showing relevant aircraft information.
- Full features ADIR`s system.
- Full feature TCAS system (including audio warnings) for AI Traffic, IVAO, VATSIM.
- Full custom electrical bus system, with realistic battery run down and voltages.
- Navigation display with curved lines, de-cluttering, stopwatch, selected navaid, runway information, range change, mode change, stopwatch etc. Includes Terrain Display option
- Full featured loading and refuelling module (interfaced with the simulator) with advanced and simple mode.
- In cockpit printer functional to print out the information you need to keep on hand
- Fully functional Weather Radar with Manual and Multiscan. Works with ANY weather add-on (and even without weather add-on) and reads the actual weather that is inserted in simulator. This is a unique development! It even shows ground clutter making the WX a navigation tool.
- Tiller can be operated by additional axis
- Advanced brakes with realistic brake temperatures (modelling Goodrich Carbon brakes)
- Engine models fully updated, highly accurate thrust, EPR, N1,N2, EGT, FF
- Includes 13 different models and 15 liveries. Over 2000 (!!) additional liveries available
- Various background sounds from cabin crew, flight crew and ATC (optional)
- View panel bar to easily switch between various 2D (11) and 3D views (16)
- Contains in total 16 Checklists from COCKPIT PREPARATION to PARKING
- Checklists mainly start automatic based on the flight situation p. e. the BEFORE TAKE CL automatically starts when plane reaches the runway holding point, DESCENT PREPARATION CL 9 NM from TOD etc.
- Orally spoken checklist items by the PF and confirmed by the PnF
- Option included that the PnF also performs certain settings (gear up, flaps settings etc.) which are part of the checklists
- Info bar displaying the next action
- Option to pause P3D 10 NM before TOD or at next waypoint
- Ground services (toggle of external objects, chocks, pylons, ground power unit)
- Doors control (controls all doors and hatches)
- Tier 1 product for PMDG Global Flight Operations
- Simulator: Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v4 or v5 (not compatible with older versions)
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64 bit) (older 64 bit versions not tested)
- Processor: Intel Core i5 (i7 recommended) or AMD Ryzen 5 (Ryzen 7 recommended)
- Memory: 8 GB RAM (16 GB recommended)
- Graphics card: 3 GB VRAM (DirectX 11), e.g. GeForce GTX 1050 (6 GB, GTX 1070 recommended)
- Control hardware with rudder and throttle channels
- Laptops are not recommended, unless they are gaming laptops that can sustain their performance without thermal throttling
Please note: all of the Aerosoft – Airbus Professional series require that you have the latest version of Prepar3D in order to use.
Version 188.8.131.52 Hotfix
- Bug Fix: Fixed issue with panel states on 184.108.40.206 installer
Version 220.127.116.11 Full new build
- Bug Fix: Fixed issue with WebSimBrowser for the EFB not installing in some cases
- Bug Fix: Fixed issue with CFD files that prevented the use of CFD
- Bug Fix: Fixed spoiler lever keyboard controls not working after TCA update
- Bug Fix: Fixed TRUE HDG indication on the PFD
Version 18.104.22.168 Full new build
- Bug Fix: Various small fixes in the checklists
- Bug Fix: Corrected the radial in line course
- Bug Fix: Heading line was visible on LOC capture during radial in direct
- Bug Fix: At least one engine has to be started before GW indication is displayed on E/WD
- Improvement: Added support for Thrustmaster TCA custom flaps and speedbrake lever mode (see forum announcement for additional details)
- Improvement: ALT defaults to managed now on the panel states
Version 22.214.171.124 Stable Release
- Bug Fix: Various fixes and improvements in the checklists
- Bug Fix: Fixed radial in course not being correctly aligned
- Improvement: Fuel planner figures adjusted
Version 126.96.36.199 Stable Release
- Bug Fix: Possible fix for EXT PWR not working in some cases then loading and aircraft state
- Improvement: Disabled the function where toe brakes automatically released the parking brake
- Improvement: Bringing checklist functions to the A330 level and other major improvements on the checklist
- (for further information about checklist changes check: https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/883-step-by-step-guide-checklists/)
Version 188.8.131.52 Full New Release For P3D V5
Version 184.108.40.206 – Full New Build
- Bug Fix: EFB folder path full unicode support to fix issue with special characters
- Bug Fix: Dive issue when speed increased
- Bug Fix: Small fix for GSmini display
- Bug Fix: After setting altimeter to STD it might have happened that former QNH still was set on according ND altimeter while STD displayed on BARO selector
- Bug Fix: Fix for park brk desync issue in CFD
- Improvement: A/THR response adapted for better turbulence handling
- Improvement: Several small adjustments in ND like heading bug visible with preselected HDG on FCU
- Improvement: Several adjustments with STEP ALTS implementation
- Improvement: Several speed flags and protection speeds and logics improved
- Improvement: Multiple fixes in holdings line drawing
- Improvement: COMs frequency spacing changed from 25 kHz to now 8.33 kHz
Version 220.127.116.11 – EXPERIMENTAL (only full new build):
- New feature: EFB with NDP and Navigraph support
- Improvements: Engine start logic Improvement
- Improvements: Pacs logic Improvement
- Improvements: Added SID and Arrival to CFD sync
- Improvements: Changes MCDU menu
- Improvements: Conditions to show rising runway
- Improvements: GSX2 implementation updated
- Improvements: Cabin Crew Announcements – Cabin lights call during climb – Now also considers position of OVH light switch
- Improvements: Minor changes to printout position
- Improvements: Avoiding issues with 3rd party replacement of default files (ohhh please, never do that….)
- Improvements: Changed default bag weight to 25 Kg
- Improvements: Changes to fuel planner so users can edit amount and CG
- Improvements: After GO-AROUND checklist now proceeds (CLIMB or NEW APPROACH)
- Bug fix: Fuel display now correctly colored
- Bug fix: Small issues in CORTE selection and WIND pages
- Bug fix: QNH decrepancy when inHg was selected solved
- Bug fix: MCDU freeze issue solved
- Bug fix: Resetting of APU state avoided
- Bug Fix: Landing call memo now triggered correctly
- Bug fix: Fixes in FPLN page on landing phase
- Bug fix: Further fixes in DES page predictions
Version 18.104.22.168 – EXPERIMENTAL:
- Improvements: Reworked YAW bar mode
- Improvements: Cosmetic changes to MCDU
- Improvements: Taxi light intensity issue solved
- Improvements: Fuel Planner fuel calculation adjusted
- Improvements: MCDU fuel calculation adjusted
- Bug fix: Not all doors triggered by GSX
- Bug fix: Yaw bar mode issue solved
- Bug fix: CAT2 issue solves
- Bug fix: Elevator drop issue fixed
Version 22.214.171.124 – EXPERIMENTAL:
- Full new build to include A330 technology