The A320 range of aircraft is one of the most common in the sky. These short to medium-range twin jet airliners have proven to be cost effective, reliable, and readily available, making them the best options for many airlines all around the world. Over 8000 have been built. They are highly integrated and automated aircraft where the pilot is often just monitoring the complex systems.
Not all features will be completely ready at release. For a list of those, please see here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/133133-whats-not-available-whats-wrong/. Connected Flight Deck v2 isn’t part of this version and will be delivered with SP1!
The Aerosoft A318/A319 is the first release of a completely new development where virtually every part of the previous releases is overhauled or redone. What remains is our dedication to the basic idea of the product. We simulate flying the aircraft and the aircraft’s systems are just a tool, not the goal. Using this product will bring flight simulation as close as possible to the experience of a real pilot – from interacting with the MCDU to opening the flight deck door using the correct procedures.
The project is a development for 64-bit platforms and uses the very latest of technology and compilers making it highly future proof and as light as possible on your system. It is not a recompiled 32-bit product.
This product range contains 2 separate products:
- Aerosoft A318/A319 Professional (this title)
- Aerosoft A320/A321 Professional
- Simulation of the A318 and A319 focused on the day to day operation of the aircraft from the left seat
- The cockpit is equipped as it is with high end airline, with the most up to date instruments
- Sublime modelling/texturing based on the latest technologies. Very easy on frame-rates.
- Lights are partly Dynamic Lights from P3D V4, partly done by RealLight (from TFDi Design)
- Full rain and rain repellent effects using TrueGlass (from TFDi Design)
- Dozens of non-standard animations, all with sound effects (sun screens, windows, tables, tiller, jump seat, standby compass, drooping flight surfaces etc). All main doors and cargo hatches can be opened. Extensive options to show ground objects (cones, ground power etc) and to provide ground power
- Included web server that allows you to access (and use) the MCDU via any web browser; ideal for tablet computers
- Extensive manuals, with highly detailed step-by-step document
- Add-in View system: adds many pre-defined views for easy use, emulates 2D panel views
- Add-in Sound system: adds hundreds of background sounds to enhance the immersion
- Includes our Semi-Intelligent co-pilot that assist you in your flights and runs checklists and flows with you.
- Connected Flight Deck v2 that uses a server-based system making it very easy to join other pilots and to fly as Co-Pilot or Observer (please note this will be rolled out with SP1)
- Fully custom Fly-by-Wire systems with flight envelope protection, stall protection, pitch and roll limiter, g-load limiter, over speed protection, Alpha Floor protection, auto trim.
- Fully custom autopilot systems, with full Cat III auto land, V/S, Managed CLB/DES, OP CLB/DES, heading and NAV modes. VNAV and LNAV included. FPA/TRK included.
- Fully custom thrust computer systems (FADEC), throttle with detents, FLEX take-off
- Very complete MCDU (can be controlled via web browser, for example on tablet computers), also, information can be inserted using the keyboard
- Flight plans supports SIDs, STARs, transitions, approaches, go-arounds, holds, Managed climbs and descent, constraints, and direct-to route editing
- VOR tracking implemented, DME arcs supported
- Comes with NavDataPro (LIDO) navigation database but compatible with Navigraph. Includes current AIRAC Data at the time of release (so not a free outdated version) and this can be updated by the user at any moment.
- Complete FS2Crew Runway Awareness and Advisory System included
- 28 ECAM pages included, showing relevant aircraft information.
- Full features ADIR`s system.
- Full feature TCAS system (including audio warnings) for AI Traffic, IVAO, VATSIM.
- Full custom electrical bus system, with realistic battery run down and voltages.
- Navigation display with curved lines, de-cluttering, stopwatch, selected navaid, runway information, range change, mode change, stopwatch etc. Includes Terrain Display option
- Full featured loading and refuelling module (interfaced with the simulator) with advanced and simple mode.
- In cockpit printer functional to print out the information you need to keep on hand
- Fully functional Weather Radar with Manual and Multiscan. Works with ANY weather add-on (and even without weather add-on) and reads the actual weather that is inserted in simulator. This is a unique development! It even shows ground clutter making the WX a navigation tool.
- Tiller can be operated by additional axis
- Advanced brakes with realistic brake temperatures (modelling Goodrich Carbon brakes)
- Engine models fully updated, highly accurate thrust, EPR, N1,N2, EGT, FF
- Includes 13 different models and 15 liveries. Over 2000 (!!) additional liveries available
- Various background sounds from cabin crew, flight crew and ATC (optional)
- View panel bar to easily switch between various 2D (11) and 3D views (16)
- Contains in total 16 Checklists from COCKPIT PREPARATION to PARKING
- Checklists mainly start automatic based on the flight situation p. e. the BEFORE TAKE CL automatically starts when plane reaches the runway holding point, DESCENT PREPARATION CL 9 NM from TOD etc.
- Orally spoken checklist items by the PF and confirmed by the PnF
- Option included that the PnF also performs certain settings (gear up, flaps settings etc.) which are part of the checklists
- Info bar displaying the next action
- Option to pause P3D 10 NM before TOD or at next waypoint
- Ground services (toggle of external objects, chocks, pylons, ground power unit)
- Doors control (controls all doors and hatches)
- Tier 1 product for PMDG Global Flight Operations
- Simulator: Lockheed Martin Prepar3D V4.3 (not compatible with older versions)
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64 bit) (older 64 bit versions not tested)
- Processor: Intel Core i5 (i7 recommended) or AMD Ryzen 5 (Ryzen 7 recommended)
- Memory: 8 GB RAM (16 GB recommended)
- Graphics card: 3 GB VRAM (DirectX 11), e.g. GeForce GTX 1050 (6 GB, GTX 1070 recommended)
- Control hardware with rudder and throttle channels
- Laptops are not recommended, unless they are gaming laptops that can sustain their performance without thermal throttling
Changes in Version 184.108.40.206 Include
Version now set to match A320/A321
- Fixed webconnect not working for users who did not have the A318/A319 installed
- Inserted the lower volume sound for wind and wipers as was used for the A318/A319
- Corrected parking codes in aircraft.cfg
- Corrected thumbnails used in livery manager
- Changed descend behavior to use a bit steeper angle to maintain momentum
- Changed climb behavior for A321 IAE
- Corrected Eazyjet serial placard
- Updated METAR decoding for AOC menu’s, still some work open
- Fixed EGT indication for CFM engine
- BA now Speedbird for ATC
- Cargo door speed animation corrected
- Reduced pitch sensitivity that causesd issues for some configurations.
- Zoom and pan options made possible in all VC views.
- Fixed climb constraints indications and autopilot respecting them
- Cockpit printer: Zulu date/time now used instead of sim current time
- Adding contrails that were missing from some types
- Changes in sim METAR decoding
- Tweaks to drag factor
- Fix for web connect, Do note there are now TWO web connect application:
- A3XXConnectPro_A320A321 and A3XXConnectPro_A318A319
- Both are installed in this update!
- Fixes in GA PERF page
- Added code to avoid CTD
- Fix for dissapearing climb constraints after passing waypoints
- Added fields to LoadSheet for FMGS
- Misc fixes in AIDS PRINT
- Cockpit printer: added the loadsheet printout, being activated after the pax boarding complete
- Changes in MCDU text colors
Version 220.127.116.11 – NON EXPERIMENTAL (save you liveries!)
- Bug Fix: Avoiding CTD in Connected Flight Deck
- Improvement: Finishing GSX2 interaction
- Improvement: Refinements to Connected Flight Deck
- Improvement: Vol1 manual updated
Version 18.104.22.168 – EXPERIMENTAL
- Bug Fix: Added ASC.cfg files missing from 22.214.171.124 update
Version 126.96.36.199 – EXPERIMENTAL
- Bug Fix: State loading issues solved
- Bug Fix: New versions of Connect Flight Deck (still alpha code)
- Improvement: Further tweaks on GSX2 interaction
- Improvement: Small tweak to VC graphics
Version 188.8.131.52 – EXPERIMENTAL (Including Connected Flight Deck) Aso indicated as 184.108.40.206
- Bug Fix: Fix in RAD NAV on VOR course
- Bug Fix: Fixes in Loadsheet report, wrong values when not using the FuelPlanner
- Bug Fix: Minor fix on RemoteCDU: it might be disabled under certain conditions.
- Bug Fix: Fixes related to magnetic variation on WPTs shown on F-PLN page (multiple leg types)
- Bug Fix: FMGS was totally locked up on PRINT ALL for WX reports
- Bug Fix: Arrival airport data was sometimes unavailable when ALTN is also present, leading to issues like dashed UTC, EFOB etc.
- Bug Fix: Occasional exception when scrolling the ARRIVALS page
- Bug Fix: Fixes in F-PLN page, spd/mach and alt values displayed incorrectly, constraints displayed incorrectly
- Bug Fix: During fire test the engine fault light on pedestal now nolonger comes on
- Bug Fix: ELEC: GEN1+GEN2 “OFF” light logic inverted
- Bug Fix: HYD: ECAM page: Status of HYD pumps inverted
- Bug Fix: CTD happened on HOLD at PPOS
- Bug Fix: Clearing the Flaps/Trim settings on RWY change
- Bug Fix: TO SHIFT clearing manually and also automatically on RWY change
- Bug Fix: PROG page: manually entered required RNP value was being overwritten, and also wrong font size;
- Bug Fix: PSD placement on a curve was incorrect, e.g. LEMD ILS32RZ VIA ASBIN
- Bug Fix: REPORT page: it was totally blank when the arrival airport wasn’t selected.
- Bug Fix: CTD on WX request with the wind speed given in other units
- Bug Fix: ACARS: the wind speed from METAR REPORT wasn’t converted when storing values (if given in different units, KMH or MPS)
- Bug Fix: the RNP value wasn’t synced with FO MCDU
- Bug Fix: incorrect indication for the RNP value with precision
- Bug Fix: enormous curves on ND caused by invalid navaid coordinates, if navaid isn’t present in the active navdata
- Improvement: Connected Flight Deck activated for Open Beta
- Improvement: Tweaks to QNH/STD
- Improvement: More tweaks to PFD
- Improvement: ECAM COND: Temp drop to OAT made faster again when packs are switched off
- Improvement: GCS switch of WXR now springloaded to AUTO position
- Improvement: Multiple changes to DUPLICATES page
- Improvement: Tweaks for GSX2
- Improvement: layout for prints improved
- Improvement: ELEC: Several internal adaptations to match newer BUS logic from A320
- Improvement: Dual Input sounds added
Version 220.127.116.11 – EXPERIMENTAL
- Bug Fix: Updates of GSX2 compatibility
- Bug Fix: Issues with brake fan sounds solved
- Bug Fix: AUTO ELEV value in CAB PRESS ECAM page was always 100 feet too high, now correct
- Bug Fix: CVR GCTRL logic corrected
- Bug Fix: APU RPM corrected for IAE engines
- Bug Fix: CTD issues with print avoided
- Bug Fix: Flaps/trim now corrected reset on runways change
- Bug Fix: Speed/mach and alt values on F-PLN pages corrected
- Bug Fix: Constrains displays incorrectly
- Bug Fix: Display of MagVar for WPTs on F-PLN corrected
- Improvement: Minor tweaks to PROG and REPORT pages
- Improvement: Minor graphical tweaks to PFD
- Improvement: Minor functional tweaks to PFD
- Added RNP AR capability….L/DEV
- Added DH indication
- Added MDA indication
- Added landing elevation indication
- Added tailstrike pitch indication
- Improvement: Logic behind CPT BARO and ISIS BARO changed
- Improvement: Print margins
- Improvement: ET timers now reset on loading Cold & Dark and Turn Around
Version 18.104.22.168 – EXPERIMENTAL
- Bug Fix: Better prevention of Stuka dives
- Bug Fix: Brake fan sound played more reliably
- Bug Fix: WHEEL ECAM pages corrected temperature indications
- Bug Fix: Possible fix for missing paper in printer
- Improvement: Removed obsolete sounds
- Improvement: Printer sound shortened
- Improvement: Latest tweaks to printouts
- Improvement: PFD markers updated to 2019 Airbus standard
- Improvement: Background lighting for several displays unlinked from Shift-L
- Improvement: ECAM COND Temp drop to OAT significantly slowed down when both packs are switched off
- Improvement: MAG VAR for runways corrected when using Navigraph