Where spaces to land are short, rugged and roads to “civilization” are not available all the year, isolated communities may need this kind of machine to survive. With bigger engine, landing gear and large space to haul goods a stock Cessna 172N can do the job; the docile Skyhawk will emerge as a true heavy duty beast. Actually, dozens of these are being used around the world for back-country operations.
The interior was modified in order to make room and reduce all “dead” weight, increasing the useful load; even the copilot seat and controls were removed. Some load stuff like security nets and grips were installed as well as a plastic carpet, more suitable to hold cargo objects.
This new version is released for those who love the challenges on GA aircraft, attempting to fill the need of an outstanding and heavy modified Cessna 172 on the simulation world.
External and interior model
- Highly accurate and optimized modeling for good performance; every visible part on interior and exterior are modeled on detail.
- Elevator angle is affected by trimming setting due to prop wash or the free airstream; the yoke feeds back due to this action as well.
- Almost every moving part or mechanism is animated. Engine vibration is simulated, as well as flexible items like antennas and static dischargers.
- Gear legs vibrations are included to give more realistic behavior when rolling. In the same way the tail wheel steering is adjusted to more real performance: it damp when auto-center moment appears and lock to rudder at low speeds whenever stay in the right angle.
- Texturing are applied depending on the relevance of the point of view, providing the user with a nice environment while keeps a friendly Frame Rate even in modest hardware.
- Ambience reflections, bumps, damages, dirt and sun reflect effects are applied by everywhere.
- Any door, previously open, will close due to the force of prop wash or the free airstream from frontal wind even if the aircraft is stopped.
- Right door can be removed, simulating another real capability of this noble aircraft as cargo variant; a nice feature to check the cargo inside from the outside view.
- The pilot and cargo can be set individually so female or male character may appear depending on pilot station weight. And the cargo objects appear in three forms, tires, boxes and barrels, all depending on the station weights.
- Several cameras are included for external inspection or just for an alternative point of view for your enjoyment.
- Custom 3D lights in all positions for a better visual experience. The landing and taxi light includes a spotlight effect that is stronger in low visibility days or nights.
- Propeller damage is simulated whenever it hits the ground.
- Warm fully 3D ambience is experimented on the cockpit by the use of a right balance between shadows and lights, relaxing colors tone, precise and detailed model, and two different upholstery works.
- Interior illumination is “real”, no texturing night-bright is used apart of gauges, in an attempt to offer a nice feeling. For easiest access in darkness, two custom keys combination are included on the cockpit view.
- Full 3D gauges in two different avionics which offers:
– Sound panel Garmin GMA 340
– Custom GPS Garmin GNS 430 or Bendix/King KX 155 TSO radio 1
– Bendix/King KX 155 TSO radio 2
– Transponder Garmin GTX 330
– Empty or Collins ADF 650 TSO receiver (and NDB finder)
– Empty or Bendix/King DME receiver
- Optional dynamic precipitation drops on windshield and windows. Wings project “precipitation shadow” on lateral windows when you stay immobile under the rain.
- Two interior cameras are included for Pilot normal view and avionics zoom. Additionally a third animated view, toggled by a custom key, is included to see over the hood when you are on ground.
- The pilot´s yoke is removable for accessing light switches and the fully functional breakers. Besides pilot´s headset can be put-on/off.
- Almost everything you can see in the cockpit is functional and/or animated. Doors and handlers, switches, buttons, sunshields, windows, pilot´s yoke lock, levers, yokes cord and so on.
- 2D panels are included for setup the aircraft, read checklists, check cabin temp, extinguishes fire, aircraft tow tool and more.
- Every mouse action could be useful over several buttons, switches, levers or animated objects; giving the user more flexibility and/or accuracy for dealing with the many cockpit functions.
- Custom key combination to reset the engine and DATCON counters. It also let save its records when saving the flight.
This model includes four liveries and a white-paint, useful for those which like to make its own designs. Here are:
- G-GNRT Fictional scheme, UK
- RA-1979 Fictional scheme, Russia
- C-FCXV Blue strips based on 1980 Cessna factory scheme, Canada
- N403AL Fictional scheme, USA
Systems and additional features
- Engine combustion with more realistic performance and failures are simulated based on carburetor icing, soiled spark plugs, engine condition or even water ingestion
- The engine can burn or fails permanently due to abuse. The fire can be extinguish in flight with the proper procedure or on ground using a fire extinguisher
- Stall horn system is realistically replicated; as in the actual aircraft you can fly indefinitely with the stall warning sound
- Engine smoke and fire effect is included. As well the engine fire emits a sound to warn the pilot
- Custom sounds for switches, avionics buttons, wheel roll, stall horn and doors. Custom engine sound was dramatically improved and updated to the new 180HP power plant.
- Complex electrical system with functional breakers affecting each system
- Cabin temperature system is included. Conditions like cabin seal (doors, windows, Heat lever and Air lever positions), engine hot, external temp, airstream produced by the propeller and the external free airstream will affect the cabin temperature
- A new form to open/close doors from any view was included by pressing a custom key