Another twin-engine classic and an American legend. The Electra was Lockheed’s first twin engine, all-metal design (designed by Lloyd Stearman … yes that Stearman!) which first felt the air under its wings in 1935. A highly modified Model 10 E was made famous by Amelia Earhart who tragically disappeared during a round-the-world record attempt. The Electra is so evocative of the 30’s and 40’s and appeared in many movies, carrying Humphry Bogart to some distant Pacific island or later battling valiantly pressed into military service during WW2.
There were only 149 Electra E10’s ever built. Now is your chance to get your hands on one!
- Beautifully crafted exterior and interior models built from years of research and using factory drawings and plans
- Fully detailed authentic cockpit with many unique animations and functions
- ‘Modern’ avionics suite available with a switch-out for those that like a modern approach to their simming!
- Don’t believe in modern avionics? We have added a Sperry Autopilot (as close to possible) for the long trips
- Special effects include engine exhaust
- Opening door with a 3D passenger cabin
- The sound set uses legacy files
- Although these sounds are authentic P&W engine sounds, we MAY be upgrading to a WWise soundpack at a later date
- Highly accurate flight dynamics and performance specifications ensure an authentic flight
11 Authentic Liveries + Blank
- Mid-Continental Airlines
- Aero-Put Airlines
- Braniff Airlines
- Trans-Canadian Airlines
- Chicago Southern
- Linea Area Nacional Airlines
- Palm Beach Aviation Airlines
- Naples & Provincetown-Boston Airlines
- Bata – Privately owned
- Wisconsin Airlines
- Union Airlines
- Windows 7, 8, 10
- Microsoft Flight Simulator v22.214.171.124 +
- RAM: Minimum 2 + GB RAM (free)
- Hard drive: 1.85 GB
After you download the aircraft simply unzip it into your “Community” folder.
If you don’t know how to find your “Community” folder, please read our tutorial.
Available Only As Download
Like all products in the FlightSim.Com Store, this one is available only as a download. We do not offer anything on CD or other media and nothing will be mailed to you. You can download immediately upon purchase and again at any time by going to the “My Account” section of the store.
Version 1.4.5 Electra changes
– Removed the bug with the prop feather switches making the prop levers disappear
Version 1.4.0 Electra changes
– Added the blank texture from the texture folder should you want a completely clean plane ( there is no thumbnail )
– Changed the compression settings on the main exterior textures for extra crispy goodness. ( most wont see the difference but it is there ).
Version 1.33.7 Electra changes
– Removed the bug that was added with version 1.2.1 and the door not working and the ladder not disappearing. Turns out an errant space was added to code block that stopped a number of other things from working. The perpetrator has been pilloried.
Version 1.2.1 Electra changes
This update adds the following.
– The electra now correctly indicates version 1.2.1 in the content manager.
Thank you to all who have emailed us on this issue.
Version 1.2 Electra changes
1. Removed auto mixture. shes now a very finicky beast you will need to manage the mixtures ( please remember you can always turn on auto-mixture in the accessibility options of MSFS )
2. Upped the power to more closely mirror the top speeds as found on Wikipedia.
3. Changed to custom code for the nav 1 and NAV2 to from flags. Stock versions weren’t working correctly.
4. Fixed the second engine intermittently NOT starting with any form of starter.
Sperry autopilot is being worked on but is not in this update. Point 4 was deemed a priority enough to require this as a release.
Version 1.1 Electra changes
1. Opening windows.
2. Amelia Earhart version.
Changes/ Bug fixes
1. Removal of toggle-able modern radios to a separate model set.
2. Flaps indicator now coded.
3. Mixture levers correctly animated.
4. Brightened the wiskey compass (this is a wiskey compass and is reading correctly directly from game raw data).
5. Added copilot weights.
6. Right tail mapping issue resolved
7. Added more degrees to the castoring wheel.
8. added inop tooltips to inoperable knobs.
9. Slightly lowered the right contact point to ensure that if you DONT move the empty CG weight it sits on the ground correctly. Please note that if you do change the empty weight position the weight distribution of the aircraft changes and this will have an affect on the contact points to the ground.
10.changed the direction of the flap switch
11. Lowered the sounds by 8.21 db each sound. Should you still want the louder sounds they are packaged as a 7zip fil in the main directory.
12. Manual changed to reflect the changes in the radios section.
1. Tailwheel lock now works.
2. The glass bug introduced with this update has been fixed.
1. Diagonal “glitch” was the window and not a glitch. An electra has 2 windows on the side that slide. In version 1.0 we did not have the windows opening. Now we have and therefore this “glitch” should now make sense.
2. Fuel needles are correct and correctly indicate percentage of fuel. If you arent seeing this then this almost certainly has something to do with your units settings and/or your actual windows system settings.
3. To get the Sperry to work the AS3x was moved to a separate model with separate settings.
4. Earhart’s electra carried extra fuel and the range was estimated at 4500 miles with proper engine management. We have done our best to replicate this but of course she never finished the flight so we’ll never know whether the estimates were correct.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.