The Cessna 140 was introduced in 1949, following on from the 120. Uprated engines and improved landing gear were among the changes and provided the aviation public with an aeroplane that was comfortable and easy to fly.
The 140 stands out from other Cessnas with its unique “art deco”, automotive style instrument panels. The interior layout is simply but comfortably furnished and everything is to hand. This made the aeroplane the ideal trainer and its near vice-less behavior and inherent strength made it popular with flying clubs and flight schools everywhere.
Many 140s have been restored and continue to give service and pleasure to their owners, the world over. With modifications too numerous to mention, examples are used in air races, record attempts and extreme “bush-flying” with remarkable results.
Together with the 120, this little aircraft gave rise to the future Cessna line of affordable, multi-purpose airframes that have populated our skies for decades and continue to do so today.
- Accurately modelled in High Fidelity with an enormous amount of authentic detail
- Detailed animations include sprung steerable tailwheel, sprung main U/C legs, brake discs and callipers
- ‘Hidden’ modern navigation suite fitted to the cockpit panel for IFR navigation (totally optional)
- Asobo based pilots. Therefore the pilots you have chosen will fly the plane
- Authentic stereo sound pack
7 Liveries And 3 Versions
- 7 authentic liveries include polished alloy, gloss paint and well-worn examples
- 3 versions of the Cessna and if you know your way around configuration files your choice of which version to use per livery
- ‘PBR Workflow’ texturing inside and out, as used in many of today’s successful computer games
- Windows 7, 8, 10
- Microsoft Flight Simulator v188.8.131.52 +
- RAM: Minimum 2 + GB RAM (free)
- Hard drive: 5.32 GB free
Simulator Compatibility Note
The Cessna 140 for MSFS has been built with the SDK as shipped with version 1.17.30 of the Microsoft Flight Simulator. When the game is updated we will re-test the Cessna and will issue fixes (if possible or required) and/or notifications of this update or lack there of.
- Electrical issue has been resolved for SU8. Previous fix no longer worked and now is working. Tested on 2 separate flights from full tanks to no tanks. We recommend you not fly with the landing light on though!
- Click spots for pilot removal and flaps have been revised to allow for an easier use of the fuel tanks.
- Floats now have trails in water.
- Pilots are on by default. Click the seat to remove.
- Cabin heaters are now animated.
- Water rudder is now fixed.
- YellowBrown thumbnail corrected for float version
- Electrical systems adjusted for alternator output
- Direct-to button added to GNS430
- Shadow dot removed from panel above magnetos.
- Rain entering cabin fixed
- Mixture control reversed
- VSI re-coded
- Click-spot replaced for gear-type selection in wheeled version (Spats, No-Spats, BushWheels)
N.B. There will be no water-rudder control in the cockpit until the simulator can provide proper water rudder interaction
- Model reconfigured to give choice of SPATS, NO SPATS or BUSHWHEELS selectable directly in the sim without the need for separate models.
- Floatplane Version added
- G1000 replaced with more compact, user friendly, optional avionics suite comprising: GNS 430 (GPS), GTX 328 Transponder and S-Tec 55 Autopilot
- Numerous texture improvements
- Rain effect reversed to fall in the correct direction.
- Missing rear left quarter cabin structure textures replaced in all liveries
- Revised electrics code to allow for continuous alternator operation
- Revised engine code
- Revised fuel-burn
After you download the aircraft simply unzip it into your “Community” folder.
If you don’t know how to find your “Community” folder, please read our tutorial.
Available Only As Download
Like all products in the FlightSim.Com Store, this one is available only as a download. We do not offer anything on CD or other media and nothing will be mailed to you. You can download immediately upon purchase and again at any time by going to the “My Account” section of the store.