RAF St. Eval by the Aerodrome Excavation Company.
RAF St. Eval was a strategic Royal Air Force station for the RAF Coastal Command. It became a hive of activity in 1938 as Britain prepared for war. Many construction workers descended on St. Eval to demolish the village and create RAF St. Eval, leaving only the ancient Norman St. Uvelus Church which was used as a war time navigational aid as well as an observation post.
After the war the airfield continued to be used for maritime patrols with Search and Rescue duties. The airfield was also a site for diversions with a number of military and commercial aircraft using the site when weather was bad at the destination airfield. By 6th March 1959 the station closed and the existing squadrons moved on to nearby RAF St. Mawgan.
The airfield is accurately laid out but some license was used for the infrastructure. It is representative of the period.
The scenery consists of:
- Full complement of hangars and support buildings
- Technical site and accommodation representative of the period
- Operational night lighting
- Dynamic night street lighting in Prepar3D v4
- Static Lancasters, Hudsons, Beaufighters, Hurricanes, Spitfires, Wellington, and Catalina aircraft are included
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP w/SP2 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X/SP2/Acceleration or Flight Simulator X Gold
- Dovetail Games FSX-SE
- Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v3, v4
- CPU 2.4 GHz or better
- 2 GB RAM minimum
- 512 MB DX9 or DX10 graphics card or better
- 92 MB for download, 402 MB for installation
The Aerodrome Excavation Co. is the historical section of Team SDB and supports Help for Heroes.