AEC RAF Banff by the Aerodrome Excavation Company.
The airfield was sited on land belonging to the Earls of Seafield since the 16th century. Construction of the airfield began in the middle of 1942. After it was turned down by RAF Bomber Command, it was officially opened in April 1943 as an airfield for the use No. 14 (Pilots) Advanced Flying Unit of RAF Flying Training Command. This unit used the airfield until August 1944, when it was disbanded and the airfield was handed over to RAF Coastal Command.
The airfield is accurately laid out but some license was used for the infrastructure. It is representative of the period.
The scenery consists of:
- Full complement of hangars and support buildings
- Technical site and accommodation representative of the period
- Operational night lighting
- Dynamic night street lighting in Prepar3D v4
- Static Beaufighters, Hudsons, Hurricanes, Spitfires and Mosquito aircraft are included
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP w/SP2 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X/SP2/Acceleration or Flight Simulator X Gold
- Dovetail Games FSX-SE
- Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v3, v4
- CPU 2.4 GHz or better
- 2 GB RAM minimum
- 512 MB DX9 or DX10 graphics card or better
- 25 MB space for download, 112 MB for installation
The Aerodrome Excavation Co. is the historical section of Team SDB and supports Help for Heroes.