A professional level simulation of the C172R used for flight training in certified devices the world over, now available for your desktop flight simulator computer.
If any aeroplane ever deserved to be called “classic”, then the venerable and ubiquitous Cessna 172 in all of its many variations surely deserves that title. It is a time-tested benchmark of aircraft efficiency, utility and excellence; it is one of the most recognizable aeroplanes (although sometimes mistaken for its larger and more powerful brother, the Cessna 182/Skylane and vice versa); its value has been and continues to be well-established and constant. The Cessna 172 has endured going- on six decades, and is an undisputedly traditional design. Classic? Q.E.D..
- Experience one of the world’s most popular trainer airplanes.
- Designed for both professional commercial pilot training and entertainment.
- Immersive pre-flight inspection system designed by pilots while operating the actual Cessna 172.
- A true propeller simulation.
- Electric starter with accurate cranking power.
- Dynamic ground physics including both hard pavement and soft grass modeling.
- Primer-only starts are now possible. Accu-Sim monitors the amount of fuel injected and its effectiveness to start and run the engine.
- Persistent airplane where systems, corrosion, and temperatures are simulated even when the computer is off.
- Immersive in-cockpit, physics-driven sound environment from A2A engineered recordings.
- Complete maintenance hangar internal systems and detailed engine tests including compression checks.
- Piston combustion engine modeling. Air comes in, it mixes with fuel and ignites, parts move, heat up, and all work in harmony to produce the wonderful sound of a Lycoming 360 engine. Now the gauges look beneath the skin of your aircraft and show you what Accu-Sim is all about.
- Authentic Bendix King Avionics stack including the KMA 26 Audio Panel, two KX 155A NAV/COMMS, KR 87 ADF, KT 76C Transponder, KN 62A DME, and KAP 140 Two Axis Autopilot with altitude pre-selection.
- Three in-sim avionics configurations including no GPS, GPS 295, or the GNS 400. Built-in, automatic support for 3rd party GNS 430 and 530.
- As with every A2A aircraft, it is gorgeously constructed, inside and out, down to the last rivet.
- Designed and built to be flown “By The Book.”
- Visual Real-Time Load Manager, with the ability to load fuel, people, and baggage in real-time.
- Four naturally animated passengers that can sit in any seat including the pilot’s.
- 3D Lights ‘M’ (built directly into the model).
- Pure3D Instrumentation now with natural 3D appearance with exceptional performance.
- A total audible cockpit and sound engineered by A2A sound professionals.
- In cockpit pilot’s map for handy in-flight navigation.
- Authentic fuel delivery includes priming and proper mixture behavior. Mixture can be tuned by the book using the EGT or by ear. It’s your choice.
- All models include A2A specialized materials with authentic metals, plastics, and rubber.
- Airflow, density and its temperature not only affect the way your aircraft flies, but how the internal systems operate.
- Real-world conditions affect system conditions, including engine temperatures.
- Spark plugs can clog and eventually foul if the engine is allowed to idle too low for too long. Throttling up an engine with oil-soaked spark plugs can help clear them out.
- Overheating can cause scoring of cylinder head walls which could ultimately lead to failure if warnings are ignored and overly abused
- Engine, airframe, cockpit panel and individual gauges tremble from the combustion engine.
- Authentic drag from the airframe and flaps
- System failures, including flaps that can independently jam or break based on the actual forces put upon them. If you deploy your flaps at too high a speed, you could find yourself in a very dangerous situation.
- Authentic battery. The battery capacity is based on temperature. The major draw comes from engine starting.
- Oil pressure system is affected by oil viscosity (oil thickness). Oil viscosity is affected by oil temperature. Now when you start the engine, you need to be careful to give the engine time to warm
- Eight commercial aviation sponsors have supported the project including Phillips 66 Aviation, Champion Aerospace, and Knots2u speed modifications.
Available In Five Versions: