P-30 is a new project different from what currently exists. The plane has the wings reversed in the direction of advance, a technique very difficult to carry out, because of the enormous stresses on the wings in supersonic mode. But today with composite materials, this has become possible. The 1980s Grumman X-29 (1984 to 1991 for the last flight) was designed to explore this promising technique.
It's been 40 years already.
The plane was a success, but I do not know the reasons for its abandonment. The X-29 clearly inspired this P30. This is the reason why its name is: Northrop Grumman P30.
The Sukhoi SU-47 uses the same principles, but later, in 1997. that airplane also was abandoned.
For the pleasure of making and flying this P-30 aircraft, it is also vertical takeoff, with orientable thrust vectors.Features
- Fully animated 3D exterior model:
- Flight controls
- Thrust vectors
- Easy transitions between vertical and conventional flight modes
- Weapon bay door opening matches selected weapon
- Fully animated 3D interior cockpit model:
- Stick, throttle, rudder pedals, switches
- Ejection seat
- Multiple liveries available on the X-Plane.org freeware download manager
- SASL plug-in driven avionics and automated systems
- Default auto tilt, auto trim and auto flap control options can be switched off for full manual control if desired
- Flight manual
- Texture 4K
- 1 models
- Nav light selection
- Garmin 1000
- Pilot automatic
- Engine systems
- Complete NAV system
Optimized for X-Plane 11 and X-Plane 12Requirements
Support ForumWikipedia SourceGrumman X-20Sukhoi Su-47Video linkDownload PIZ-115-northrop-grumman-p-30-manualChangelog v3.1
- X-Plane 11.30+ (not compatible with X-Plane 10)
- Windows, Mac or Linux
- 2 GB+ VRAM video card, 4 GB is better
- VR possible
Available Only As Download
- Improvement for graphical texture
- Better vision for the HUD
Like all products in the FlightSim.Com Store, this one is available only as a download. We do not offer anything on CD or other media and nothing will be mailed to you. You can download immediately upon purchase and again at any time by going to the “My Account” section of the store.