Air Traffic Control (ATC) is a service operated by appropriate authorities to promote the safe, orderly, and expeditious flow of air traffic. It also provides weather reports and pilot advisories. Simulation pilots will make their flights more realistic by communicating with ATC and following its instructions and clearances.Communicate With All ATC Facilities for Instrument Flights
Use All ATC Functions for Instrument Flights
- Ground Control
- Departure Control
- Air Route Traffic Control Centers
- Approach Control
- Common Traffic Advisories
- Automated weather reports
Communicate IFR in All Relevant Airspace
Adhere to Basic ATC Procedures
- Controlled airports
- Uncontrolled airports
- On the ground
- En route
Operate ATC Menus Effectively
- Contacting ATC
- Requesting and receiving IFR clearance to fly
- Asking for and getting IFR clearance for taxiing to active runway
- Requesting and receiving clearance to take off IFR
- Holding short and taxiing into position
- Handing off to other ATC jurisdictions
- Requesting and receiving altitude changes
- Receiving en route atmospheric pressures
- Receiving destination weather reports
- Cancelling IFR
Know the Basics
- Open and close the window.
- Reposition the window.
- Listen to and read ATC messages.
- Select from menu options.
- Use mouse and keyboard.
Enjoy the Satisfaction of Simulating Air Traffic Control Realistically
- Official ATC definitions
- IFR airspaces
- Differences between real and simulated ATC
- Simulated ATC services
- IFR weather conditions
- Sources of ATC frequencies
Learn From Professional Instructional Videos
- Communicate with ATC like real pilots.
- Know when to contact ATC.
- Tune correct radio frequencies.
- Recognize call signs.
- Respond to ATC’s communications.
- Use transponders.
- And many more skills.
Two Videos in One Package
- Scripted, articulated, and edited narration
- Separate screens for each step
- Animated highlights for key concepts
- Succinct explanations for everything
- Crystal clear audio quality
- Approach charts included
- Total video duration 31 minutes
Focus and Limits
- One entire video for only ground IFR procedures (15:18 min)
- Separate video just for aerial IFR procedures (16:08 min)
Applies to All Aircraft That Normally Fly IFR
- Explains Air Traffic Control for instrument flight in Microsoft Flight Simulator® 2020.
- Principles and methods can be applied to other simulators.
- Discusses radio frequencies for ATC communication.
- Advises IFR weather selections.
- Does not explain customizing ATC.
- Airbus A320
- Cessna 172, 208B, CJ4
- Beech Baron, Bonanza, and King Air
- Boeing 747
- Daher TBM 930
- Diamond DA40 and DA62
- Any other aircraft with suitable instruments
Knowledge of instrument operations is beneficial. My Instrument Flying for Flight Simulation Pilots
book and my Flight Rules
video explain in detail.Compatible With Popular Software and Operating Systems
- Uses common video software that plays MP4s such as:
- Windows Media Player
- Quick Time
- Instructions for use are included
- Total duration 31 minutes
Four bonus items are included free for quick and easy reference:
- Transcripts of entire videos
- Keyboard shortcut list for MSFS 2020
- V-Speed card
Every effort has been expended to make sure your video is the quality you deserve.
- Meticulously planned
- Thoroughly researched
- Independently verified for accuracy
- Separately reviewed for quality
As a professional management consultant, I trained people in workplaces for more than 30 years. I began publishing books about home flight simulation in 1997 and videos in 2010. As a professional and experienced trainer, I invest a lot of effort and time toward making quality products that are useful to people.
Available Only As Download
- Any video with manufacturing defects will be replaced at no cost.
- If you can show that the content of this video is not as described herein, your money will be refunded.
- If you find any facts that you believe are in error, please let me know so I can check it out.
- Your constructive feedback is welcomed.
Like all products in the FlightSim.Com Store, this one is available only as a download. We do not offer anything on CD or other media and nothing will be mailed to you. You can download immediately upon purchase and again at any time by going to the “My Account” section of the store.