FAA Identifier: HDHLocated on the northwestern coast on the island of Oahu, Hawaii.
Dillingham Airfield, also known as Kawaihapai Airfield, and the surrounding northern shore of Oahu have been hand-crafted to replication in this scenery enhancement package for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. Originally opened in 1941 as a US Army Airfield, the airfield has since been leased to the State of Hawaii. Today, Dillingham Airfield is a public airport located on the Dillingham Military Reservation. The 5,000 foot unlit runway now primarily serves glider and skydiving operations. The US Military still uses the airfield for air-land operations and helicopter night-vision training. The short drive from Honolulu provides tourists to the island the opportunity to experience Oahu from gliders, ultralight aircraft, and skydiving operations.Product Features
Customer support: https://www.southoakco.comAvailable Only As Download
- High resolution orthoimagery of the airfield, the northern shore, and the town of Waialua
- Custom, reworked natural landscape and vegetation
- Accurate runway, taxiway, and apron enhancements
- Handcrafted, replicated airport buildings with high resolution physically based rendering (PBR) textures
- Detailed shoreline enhancements
- Dynamic animations including people, a flying glider, and a surfer catching waves near the beach
- Hundreds of custom placed objects
- All models are created using a framerate friendly .GLTF format
Like all products in the FlightSim.Com Store, this one is available only as a download. We do not offer anything on CD or other media and nothing will be mailed to you. You can download immediately upon purchase and again at any time by going to the “My Account” section of the store.