The English Electric Lightning was designed in the late 1950's as an interceptor. This class of aircraft had to have great speed and even better climb speed to intercept the Russian bombers before they could reach their targets.
With the latest version comes a new model of the Lightning F2A, and the F53 model is also included. All F6 customers receive these models for free.
The F6 version in this product is not an easy aircraft to fly. It’s complex and full of systems you have to manage without the aid of modern electronics. Landing especially is hard as the landing speed is awfully high and there are many things you have to check. Aircraft of this type are rare for Flight Simulator and we feel the Lightning fills a niche that needed filling.Features
- Four models and ten liveries
- Highly detailed and accurate modeling with specialized animations throughout
- All instruments are faithfully reproduced in 3D
- Advanced flight dynamics.
- Choice of Firestreak or Redtop missiles (or none) (TacPack required)
- Cockpit ladder and array of ground equipment
- Customized taxi lights
- Arrester hooks, Overwing tanks, ventral (gun) tank models included
- Multi zoned dimmable cockpit lighting
- More realistic brake chute by use of additional coding
- Realistic in-flight refueling rate (Refueling can take place when set parameters are reached to simplify the task for the less experienced fliers) (TacPack required)
- Wing to wing fuel transfer
- Aerosoft Sound Module that adds sound to switches, controls and events for a more immersive environment. Engine sounds recorded during ground runs at the LPG (Lightning Preservation Group)
- Navigation in Direct TACAN and ILS modes (VOR/TACAN conversion card included)
- Full Autopilot and Flight Director
- Radar showing coastlines, runways and/or air traffic (TacPack required)
- Many special effects including engine start, engine fires and day and night reheat etc
- Ejection sequence (for when things go badly wrong)
- Extensive documentation with authentic Flight Reference Cards for Normal and Emergency procedures, and a set of Pilots notes all reproduced from the service Air Publications, and a manual to explain specific usages in the simulator
- TacPack compatible*
* TacPac is not part of this add-on and has to be bought separately
- Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 CPU (Core 2 Quad recommended)
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- Direct X 9 compatible Graphics Card with minimal 512 MB (1 GB highly recommended)
- Microsoft FSX:SP2; FSX: Steam or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D V3, V4, V5
- Windows VISTA, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 (all fully updated), 64 bit versions recommended
- Download-Size: 260 MB
- Installations-Size: 700 MB
Available Only As Download
Like all products in the FlightSim.Com Store, this one is available only as a download. We do not offer anything on CD or other media and nothing will be mailed to you. You can download immediately upon purchase and again at any time by going to the “My Account” section of the store.